** Due to COVID-19 restrictions, group corporate volunteering opportunities are not available at the present time but this may change according to Government policy. You may wish to register with our emergency COVID-19 link at https://emergency.volunteer.org.au/ or look at individual volunteering opportunities on our website at https://www.volunteering.com.au/volunteer-2/find-a-volunteer-position/#/.
Alternatively, please email The Centre of Volunteering at email@example.com and we will assist you with your queries. Thank you.
The Centre for Volunteering is the peak body in NSW promoting and supporting volunteering, including corporate volunteering, and community participation. We encourage volunteering by the business sector through Corporate Volunteering Programs, which link businesses to not-for-profit (NFP) partners.
What are the benefits to not-for-profits of corporate volunteering?
- Having the people power to accomplish tasks or projects they don’t have the resources to do;
- Broadening networks and gaining greater exposure to the business world;
- Educating business on social issues and raising awareness of the work of NFPs; and
- Developing long-term business-NFP partnerships.
Studies and case studies have been written to showcase these benefits. These include the Social Capital Report by Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM and The Business Case for Corporate Volunteering by Volunteering Victoria.
Using our extensive knowledge and links with the NFP community, The Centre matches corporates with a suitable NFP partner/s and facilitates their employees to volunteer their time in a structured way with measurable outcomes. We can assist you in developing and planning the ideal corporate volunteering activities for your organisation.
What are the benefits of developing a Corporate Volunteering Program for corporations?
Corporates wish to engage in employee volunteering in order to assist their community and demonstrate their Corporate Social Responsibility. Benefits include:
- Improved corporate and brand visibility;
- Enhanced public perception and credibility of your corporation as socially responsible;
- Increased community awareness, involvement and understanding;
- Enhanced communication, staff morale and team-work;
- Contributing towards the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Helping foster staff cohesion by creating valuable shared experiences; and
- Contributing to the local community.
We can assist you in developing a Corporate Volunteering Program. Using our knowledge and links The Centre can match your corporation with a suitable NFP partner/s and facilitate your employees volunteering their time in a structured way with measurable outcomes.
The Centre for Volunteering is funded by State and Federal Governments to support and provide services to NFP organisations to engage and manage volunteers. We do not receive funds to support corporate volunteering programs. The Centre therefore charges a fee for service as follows:
Corporate Services Fee Structure
|Volunteer Management Fora||Attendance at our monthly events (Feb – Nov)||$25pp per event or $150 for 1 attendee for 10 events|
|Event promotion||To promote an event through The Centre’s mailing list||$400 per mail out|
|Corporate Volunteer event placement – small||1 event for up to 10 participants. Match one group of corporate volunteers to a NFP project with minimal admin support||$500 per event|
|Corporate Volunteer event placement – large||1 event for 11-25 participants. Match one group of corporate volunteers to a NFP project with minimal admin support||$700 per event|
|Corporate Volunteer event placement – major||1 event for more than 25 participants. Match one group of corporate volunteers to a NFP project with minimal admin support||Negotiable|
|Corporate Volunteer event placement – Multiple||For organisations that have one day or week of group volunteering projects as part of a global community day. Includes management of multiple group volunteer events on one day or week.||Negotiable|
|Corporate Volunteering partner||Embedding the service of The Centre for Volunteering over a 12 month period to manage a calendar of group volunteer events, provide liaison and admin support required to execute the events and program advice. Includes up to 8 events with a max of 25 volunteers per event.||$5000|
|Skilled Volunteering placements||Matching skilled volunteers from corporations to not-for-profit organisations.||Negotiable|
|Corporate Volunteering consultancy||Consultancy service to corporations seeking advice on how to set up their corporate volunteering program.||From $100 per hour|
|Range of specialist services||Includes bespoke training, review and/or design of volunteering programs, delivering tailored seminars/events/training for your organisation and more.||Negotiable|
What is your Return on Investment?
The Centre for Volunteering will tailor a Corporate Volunteering Program specifically for you by:
- Contacting you to discuss the objectives of your program;
- Sourcing potential NFP partners and activities that fit your objectives;
- Recommending how your employees might participate with those activities;
- Facilitating introductions and placement of your employees in suitable activities with a NFP partner; and,
- After the event, follow-up evaluation for both corporate and NFP parties.