Image Credit - Natalie Boog 2022
The Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD) was developed for volunteer leaders. Endorsed by Volunteering Australia, its aim is to formally recognise the work of these professionals and more widely, raise the standards of volunteering leadership across our state.
Who it’s for
This voluntary program is exclusive to our members* (conditions apply).
How it works
Participants are required to accumulate a minimum of 16 points from 1 July to 30 June. These points can be attained through any combination of:
- Professional development, events and services offered by The Centre for Volunteering
- Professional development at your organisation
- Reading relevant industry articles and newsletters
- Mentoring colleagues or members in volunteering management
- Reflective practice (which focuses on work that you have undertaken as part of your role to advance volunteering in your organisation or our sector)
We will provide you with the CPD activity point schedule so you can plan your activities accordingly. When you reach your 16 CPD, you will receive a formal certiﬁcate and the option to use PLV (Professional Leader of Volunteers) after your name.
In turn, participants are expected to:
- Read the FAQs and the CPD key documents
- Complete the activity validation form after each activity
- Submit an updated activity validation form to The Centre every 2 to 3 months and finalise at the end of the year
This program is $55 (including GST).