Volunteering can provide vital support to people in the community who are impacted in an emergency – that’s why we’ve launched a new emergency volunteering website calling on people to lend a hand during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
We are calling for members of the public to register their details through a simple sign up process and help deliver essential services to those most vulnerable in our community.
If you are a community organisation, Local Government Authority or any other organisation who needs additional volunteers in relation to this emergency, then please contact us.
How volunteers can help:
- Welfare checks for those at risk of social isolation
- Urgent household maintenance
- Grocery deliveries to reduce demand on supermarket delivery services
- Pick-up and drop-off of medications
- Essential transportation (doctor’s appointments)
What we can provide for organisations:
- Access to emergency volunteers
- Support and advice
- Access to training, resources and best practice in volunteer management
- Online software to assist in managing your volunteers
As the peak body for volunteering in New South Wales, The Centre for Volunteering extends our assistance, resources and services to support our members and the community as a whole during this crisis.
Volunteers will be contacted directly by organisations that require assistance and organisations will be contacted by a member of our team to discuss their specific requirements.