Bridge to Volunteering
This workshop is an introduction to volunteering.
- What is volunteering and what is a volunteer?
- Volunteering opportunities
- The benefits of volunteering
- The rights and responsibilities of volunteers and organisations that engage volunteers
- What a person should consider when looking for a volunteer role
- How to find a suitable volunteer role
Bridge to Volunteering is open to:
- People who have never volunteered before
- People who have done some volunteering but want a more comprehensive introduction to volunteering in general
- People who are new to Australia and have not volunteered in Australia
Attending Bridge to Volunteering is not a prerequisite for using The Centre’s Volunteer Referral Service (VRS) to find a volunteer role. If you have volunteered before and are looking for a new role, please contact the VRS directly for an interview.
Bridge to Volunteering is held every Friday, 10:30am-12:30pm, except public holidays, from mid-January until early December.
The weekly scheduled two-hour program is conducted at The Centre for Volunteering, Level 3, 40 Gloucester Street, The Rocks 2000.
Please visit our Contact Us Page for detailed instructions of how to find us.
There is no fee to attend Bridge to Volunteering.
Bookings are essential. Book online or phone the Volunteer Referral Service on 02 9261 3600 to book your place.