Bridge to Volunteering if a Volunteer Training workshop for those who want to volunteer in the community.
Bridge to Volunteering Volunteer training covers the following topics:
- What is volunteering and what is a volunteer?
- Volunteering opportunities
- The benefits of volunteering
- The rights and responsibilities of volunteers and organisations that engage volunteers
- What you should consider when looking for a volunteer role
- How to find a suitable volunteer role
This volunteer training is open to:
- People who have never volunteered before
- Those who have done some volunteering but want a more comprehensive introduction to volunteering in general
- People who are new to Australia and have not volunteered in Australia
You do not need to attend a Bridge to Volunteering session to use the Centre’s Volunteer Referral Service (VRS) to find a volunteer role. If you have volunteered before and are looking for a new role, please call the VRS to schedule an interview on 02 9261 3600.
Bridge to Volunteering Schedule
Bridge to Volunteering is held every Friday, 10:30am-12:30pm, except public holidays, from mid-January until early December.
The weekly scheduled two-hour program is conducted at The Centre for Volunteering, Level 3, 40 Gloucester Street, The Rocks 2000.
Please visit our Contact Us Page for detailed instructions of how to find us.
Attending a Bridge to Volunteering training session is FREE.
Bookings are essential. Please book online here.