Need a helping hand?
It can be hard to find the right support for your organisation or initiative. At The Centre, we’re here to make your life easier and be your go-to place for all things volunteering. That’s why we’ve compiled the latest resources for volunteer groups, so you can kick off this month with confidence.
Have a read now:
Sector Resources and Reports
- The Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission: The ACNC released its 9th annual report. Read the Report today.
- Carers Australia: If you’re a woman who works, studies or volunteers while also providing care, then the “Women Who Care” information hub is designed for you. Visit the hub today.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give – Winston Churchill
- Bennelong Foundation, open until Friday 28 July: up to $30,000 of manage, grow and innovate grants are available for programs supporting target communities. Their focus areas are in education, training and employment, community health and social inclusion.
- Trees for Bees, open until Monday 31 July: need support for your bee-friendly initiative? Then you might be interested in the 20 x $500 grants available for eligible community and other groups.
- Sisters of Charity Foundation, open until Monday 31 July: up to $15,000 are available for eligible initiatives. They need to provide practical assistance and make a meaningful difference to those in need.
- City of Parramatta’s Sport & Recreation Grant, open until Wednesday 2 August: if you want to improve participation and inclusivity in local sport and recreation activities, this funding of up to $2,000 could be for you.
- Impact100 Sydney Grants, open until Friday 4 August: eligible charities for people experiencing or at risk of homeless are welcome to apply for grant funding.
- NSW Government Youth Opportunities Program, open until Monday 7 August: a one-off grant of up to $50,000 is open for new projects empowering young Australians from marginalised backgrounds to participate in community development activities.
- Nutrien Ag Solutions, open until Thursday 10 August: is your organisation from rural or regional Australia, and do you have a project that will benefit your communitiy? If yes, then you could be eligible for funding of up to $5,000.
- Support Plantation Establishment, open until Tuesday 15 August: funding for new, long-rotation plantation forests is available from the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- City of Sydney Quick Response Grants, open year-round: financial assistance of up to $10,000 is open to small-scale initiatives for local residents and organisations.
Stay tuned as we share more resources for volunteer groups in the coming months. In the meantime, get in early with this grant opportunity:
- Scanlon Foundation, closing Friday 1 September: the Annual Community Grants are now open. With a focus on employment and literacy, any organisation with DGR1 status can apply.
Needing other Sector Resources and Support?
Our professional development opportunities, membership benefits, and National School of Volunteer Management [RTO 90031] are just some of the services we offer. Browse our website or get in touch with us for more.