The Centre for Volunteering, through The NSW School of Volunteer Management (RTO code 90031), offers students a nationally recognised qualification and cross-industry skill recognition. Qualifications offered by The School are:
- Skills for Volunteering (SG00007572)
- Certificate I in Active Volunteering (CHC14015)
- Certificate II in Active Volunteering (CHC24015)
- Certificate III in Active Volunteering (CHC34015)
- Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs (CHC44015)
Ways to achieve qualification
Each qualification comprises a specified number of units (subjects or topics), usually designated as core and electives, in which a student must be assessed competent. Obtaining competency in each of the units can be achieved in a variety of ways.
Importantly, a students existing experience, qualifications and skills will be taken into account when determining the best method or methods of achieving their desired qualification. Students can achieve their qualification in one or a combination of three ways, each requiring a substantial time commitment:
- Satisfactory completion of formal course work and a work-based project
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Credit Transfer
If the qualification, in whole or part, is to be undertaken this will be by a combination of workshops and online learning.
Employability Skill Summaries are now included in all Registered Training Courses. Employability Skills are defined as skills required not only to gain employment, but also to progress within an enterprise so as to achieve one’s potential and contribute successfully to enterprise strategic directions.
They are skills that are sometimes referred to as key skills, core skills, life skills, essential skills, key competencies, necessary skills, and transferable skills. Industry’s preferred term is Employability Skills.
There are eight Employability Skills: communication, teamwork, problem solving, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, self-management, learning, and technology. Each qualification/Registered Training Course lists the element of each skill that applies to that qualification/course. An Employability Skills Summary for each qualification will be presented to every graduate.
To find out more about the qualifications we offer contact us.
- Important Information about your Unique Student Identifier (USI) For further information regarding your USI watch this video.