About the CPD Program
The Centre for Volunteering’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is designed to expand your knowledge and maintain a high standard of professional practice.
This program supports your continuing professional development by formally recognising the work you are doing to raise the standards of volunteer leadership in your organisation and across our state.
Endorsed by Volunteering Australia, this program is exclusive to The Centre for Volunteering’s members* (conditions apply). It is voluntary and only $55 (including GST) in 2021.
Benefits of participating
The CPD Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is a formal avenue to improve your knowledge and skills. The CPD Program will help raise your proﬁle, and demonstrates your dedication to your career and to the volunteer leadership profession. By gaining 16 CPD points from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022, you earn the right to put PLV after your name as a public declaration of your commitment.
How it works
Participants are required to accumulate a minimum of 16 points from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022. These points can be attained through any combination of:
- Professional development, events and services offered by The Centre for Volunteering
- Professional development at your organisation
- Reading relevant industry articles/ newsletters
- Mentoring colleagues/ members in volunteering management
- Reflective practice.
- Read the FAQs and the CPD Key Documents.
- We will provide you with the CPD Activity Point Schedule so you can plan your CPD activities.
- You participate in your chosen CPD activities and complete the Activity Validation Form after each activity.
- You update your Activity Validation Form and submit to The Centre for Volunteering every 2-3 months and finalise at the end of the year.
- When you achieve 16 CPD points between 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022, you will receive your formal certiﬁcate and the option to use PLV after your name.
Now taking applications!
Apply to join the program here.
If you have and questions, or require any additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.