About the CPD Program
The Centre for Volunteering’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is designed to expand your knowledge and maintain a high standard of professional practice.
This program supports your continuing professional development by formally recognising the work you are doing to raise the standards of volunteer leadership in your organisation and across our state.
Endorsed by Volunteering Australia, this program is exclusive to The Centre for Volunteering’s members* (conditions apply). It is voluntary and only $50 (+ GST) in 2020.
Benefits of participating
The CPD Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is a formal avenue to improve your knowledge and skills. The CPD Program will help raise your proﬁle, and demonstrates your dedication to your career and to the volunteer leadership profession. By gaining 12 CPD points from October 2020 – June 2021 you earn the right to put PLV after your name as a public declaration of your commitment.
How it works
Participants are required to accumulate a minimum of 12 points from October 2020 – June 2021. These points can be attained through any combination of:
- Professional development, events and services offered by The Centre for Volunteering
- Professional development at your organisation
- Reading relevant industry articles/ newsletters
- Mentoring colleagues/ members in volunteering management
- Reflective practice.
- Read the FAQs and the CPD Key Documents.
- We will provide you with the CPD Activity Point Schedule so you can plan your CPD activities.
- You participate in your chosen CPD activities and complete the Activity Validation Form after each activity.
- You update your Activity Validation Form and submit to The Centre for Volunteering every 2-3 months and finalise at the end of the year.
- When you achieve 12 CPD points between October 2020 and July 2021 you will receive your formal certiﬁcate and the option to use PLV after your name.
- In future years, 16 points will be required for the CPD program.
Now taking applications!
Apply to join the program here.
If you have and questions, or require any additional information please contact email@example.com.