The aim of the Community Litter Grant program is to help deliver the NSW Government target to reduce litter by 40% by 2020. All funded projects must include direct community leadership and participation in the development of litter prevention activities. NSW community groups are eligible to apply.
You must have your own constitution and be incorporated under the law of a state or territory of Australia as an incorporated association, company or cooperative society. All projects must be completed by September 2021.
Grant funding is available in two streams:
Stream 1: On-Ground litter prevention projects – $4,000 to $40,000
- For groups who want to act on a locally identified litter issue at one or more locations
- Projects in this stream will use proven methods of litter prevention to support the motivation of the community group to reduce litter.
Stream 2: Own It and Act partnership projects – $50,000 to $90,000
- Projects in this stream will be longer-term strategic state or regional litter prevention initiatives that may not be site-specific.
- Projects must demonstrate how they build leadership and capacity of community groups to deliver ongoing litter prevention outcomes.
- Projects in this stream must align with and support the Own It and Act strategic framework developed by the DPIE Litter Prevention Unit.
Applications close: 28 July 2020
For more information or to apply for a grant please see the EPA website.