The Centre for Volunteering has registered with the NSW Police Force to offer individual volunteers a National Police Check at a reduced rate of $15.00.
You will need to complete an expression of interest with The Centre for Volunteering through the link list below in the ‘How to apply’ section. Once completed and processed, a secure link will be sent to your email address. You will then have the opportunity to apply directly with NSW Police Force and receive your National Police Check certificate at the reduced rate.
For organisations wishing to register please read more about registering as an organisation here.
Individual Eligibility Requirements
You must be:
- 14 years old or over when applying
- a permanent resident of NSW.
This is for NSW residents only. If you live outside NSW, you can apply for a National Police Certificate in your state or territory.
What you need
- An email account to receive your verification code
- Proof of identity documents
- Please read through the above link and have these documents ready when you complete the online application through the secure link.
How to apply
- Please complete the Expression of Interest form. Do this by clicking the link and completing the form. You will need to provide your first name, last name, email address and purpose for volunteering as well as a contact number.
- Once you have completed the Expression of Interest we will process your application within 2-3 business days and send you a secure link to apply for a Volunteer National Police Check at the reduced rate of $15.00.
- The secure link is only valid for 7 days from date of issue. Should you not use this link in time you will need to notify us for a new link to be sent to you.
- Once you receive the link in your email, follow the prompts, complete the application using your ID Documents and make your $15.00 payment to complete your application for lodgement with NSW Police.
- Once your application has been processed and approved you will receive your National Police Check Certificate.
- Majority of National Police Checks are completed within the hour. However, for some applications, it may take up to 10 business days to process.
- If you are experiencing issues with the secure link emailed/provided, please contact The Centre for Volunteering to have the link re-issued.
- If you have any questions regarding lodgement of your application, then please contact the team at Criminal Records NSW Police Force on (02) 8835 7888.
- If you need a name, date of birth and fingerprint check as part of a volunteer application, you can apply online directly with the NSW Police Force, please check if fingerprinting is required, before applying.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.
Working with Children Check
- A working with Children Check is a separate check to the Police Check.
- If you need a Working with Children Check please visit the Services NSW website.
Criminal Record Checks
Apply for a National Police Check with The Centre for Volunteering
NSW Police Force National Police Checks
National Police Check FAQs
All about Australian Federal Police National Police Check