Eligibility Criteria to be a Registered Organisation
- Represent as an NSW registered organisation or a national organisation with its head office located in NSW and hold an ABN/ACN,
- Demonstrate that checks are required for Employment, Licencing, Volunteers, Adoption and/or Probity purposes
- Agree to the terms and conditions of registration outlined in the P828 Application form.
What you need to Register
To become a Registered Organisation, you are required to meet the above criteria and forward a completed Registered Organisation Application Form P828 and a New Customer Credit Application form to the Manager, NSW Police Force, Criminal Records at email@example.com.
What to Expect
- Obtain access for your organisation to the NSW Police Force, National Police Check Secure Online Portal.
- Send a secure personalised National Police Check (NPC) link to individual applicant’s personal email address directly from the portal. The NPC link is only valid for 7 days.
- Once the application is lodged the individual applicant will receive an email confirming their application was submitted, and this will be updated on the portal for organisations to view the progress of the application.
- Receive a secure, authentic NSW Police Force National Digital Certificate directly to your organisations nominated email address (as provided in the P828 Form).
- Majority of National Police Checks are completed within the hour. However, for some applications, it may take up to 10 business days to process a National Police Check.
- Organisations can choose to be invoiced monthly for the employee National Police Check that are lodged in the previous month, or have their employees pay for their National Police Check on lodgement. This must be specified during registration on the P828 form.
- Annual User Fee of $90 applies to each Authorised Contact Officer needing access to the organisations portal to send secure links to applicants.
- Registered Organisations can always contact the Business Development Officer at Criminal Record, NSW Police Force on 02 8835 7258 if they have any questions regarding their registration, or for a showcase of the portal.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.
- For further information about National Police Checks please contact the NSW Police Force