The NSW Police Force provides a service to Organisations to become registered and conduct National Police Checks through their secure online portal. The Secure Online Portal offers registered Organisation’s access to a $15 (GST FREE) volunteer check.
National Police Checks Walkthrough for Organisations
Eligibility Criteria to be a Registered Organisation
- Represent as an NSW registered organisation or a national organisation with its head office located in NSW and hold an ABN/ACN,
- Demonstrate that checks are required for Employment, Licencing, Volunteers, Adoption and/or Probity purposes
- Agree to the terms and conditions of registration outlined in the P828 Application form.
What you need to Register
- General Manager / CEO / Authorised Representative (AR) of an organisation must complete the online Registration Application Form at www.police.nsw.gov.au/npc ; on the right under ORGANISATION, click the “REGISTER” button.
- The AR must nominate Authorised Contact Officer/s (ACOs) to have access to the portal, to coordinate the required National Police Checks for the organisation. Each nominated ACO, will be allocated a portal licence.
- The secure email address provided on registration, for the National Police Check Certificate to be sent to, cannot be Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook.
- Authorised Personnel (AR & ACOs) must agree to the terms and conditions of registration (T&C consent forms are emailed to all AR & ACOs nominated, upon submission of registration form), and forward to Criminal Record, NSW Police Force CRSREGORG@police.nsw.gov.au.
- Complete and forward a New Customer Credit Application form to Criminal Record, NSW Police Force CRSREGORG@police.nsw.gov.au.
What to Expect
- Obtain access for your organisation to the NSW Police Force, National Police Check Secure Online Portal.
- Send a secure personalised National Police Check (NPC) link to individual applicant’s personal email address directly from the portal. The NPC link is only valid for 7 days.
- Once the application is lodged the individual applicant will receive an email confirming their application was submitted, and this will be updated on the portal for organisations to view the progress of the application.
- Receive a secure, authentic NSW Police Force National Digital Certificate directly to your organisations nominated email address (as provided in the P828 Form).
- Majority of National Police Checks are completed within the hour. However, for some applications, it may take up to 10 business days to process a National Police Check.
- Organisations can choose to be invoiced monthly for the employee National Police Check that are lodged in the previous month, or have their employees pay for their National Police Check on lodgement. This must be specified during registration on the P828 form.
- Annual User Fee of $90 applies to each Authorised Contact Officer needing access to the organisations portal to send secure links to applicants.
- Registered Organisations can always contact the Business Development Officer at Criminal Record, NSW Police Force on 02 8835 7258 if they have any questions regarding their registration, or for a showcase of the portal.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.
- For further information about National Police Checks please contact the NSW Police Force