Each year a number of small grants are offered to assist the staging of mental health promotion activities or events during October’s Mental Health Month.
There are five categories of grants available –
- General grants are for projects focusing on any part of the community.
- Youth grants are for projects focusing specifically on projects for young people.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) grants – for projects focusing specifically on CALD communities.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander grants are for projects focusing specifically on Indigenous communities.
- Sex, sexuality, and/or gender diverse (LGBTIQA+) grants
LGBTI grants are for projects focusing specifically on sex, sexuality, and/or gender diverse communities.
Close date: 21 June 2019
Mental Health Matters Awards
The Award categories for 2019 are:
- Mental Health Matters Youth Award
- Mental Health Matters Community Initiative Award
- Aboriginal Social and Emotional Wellbeing Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Mental Health Promotion Award
- Leadership through Lived Experience Award
- Media Award – National/State-wide
- Mental Health Matters Rainbow Inclusion Award – Sponsored by ACON
Nominations close date: 7 June 2019
Information sessions on Small Grants and Mental Health Matters Awards for October Mental Health Month 2019
Way Ahead and the Transcultural Mental Health Centre together with SydWest Multicultural Services, MacArthur Diversity Services and the Sydney Multicultural Community Services are running a series of info sessions to help you apply for the grants. You are invited to choose one of the following locations and come along!
To RSVP please contact: Michele Sapucci, Program Leader, Mental Health Promotion, Prevention & Early Intervention, Transcultural Mental Health Centre on 02 88382189 or via the main switch 02 9912 3850. Or via e-mail: Michele.Sapucci@health.nsw.gov.au
1. SydWest Multicultural Services
Wednesday 22nd May from 5.30pm to 7.00pm
Level 2, 125 Main Street, Blacktown
To RSVP for the Sydwest Multicultural Services event you can also email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. MacArthur Diversity Services
Thursday 23rd May from 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Level 3, Suite 2
Campbelltown City Centre
171-179 Queen Street Campbelltown
3. Sydney Multicultural Community Services
Tuesday 28th May from 5.30pm to 6.30pm
3 General Bridges Cres, Daceyville
To RSVP for the Sydney Multicultural Community Services event you can also email to email@example.com