Below we have covered the most asked membership FAQs. If you would like any further information please contact our membership team on 02 9261 3600 or email email@example.com
What membership packages are available?
This financial year we will have the following membership packages
- Full membership – access a free two hour National Standards consultation, discounts to our conference, volunteer management fora and professional development workshops and for organisations, to the Volunteer Referral Service. This is available to individuals, not-for-profit organisations and government & educational organisations
- Networking package – access to all 10 volunteer management fora that are run by The Centre during the year
- Private Sector Supporter – access to volunteer managemet fora for 2 people plus additional benefits
Which membership package is right for my NFP?
Membership packages are based on the total income of your organisation. Income is defined as total annual income which can be found in your organisation’s statement of profit and loss. If your organisation’s total annual income is:
- between $0 – $500,000 apply for a NFP Small membership
- between $500,000 and $2,000,000 apply for a NFP Medium membership
- between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000 apply for a NFP Large membership
- greater than $5,000,000 apply for a NFP Major membership
How do I apply for myself or for my organisation?
Applications are completed online. The form takes around 10 – 15 minutes to complete. There are four parts to the form:
- Membership package – where you choose the package you want to purchase
- Contact Details – where you provide details for you and/or your organisation
- Terms and conditions – especially important for organisation membership where you’ll be asked about the insurance requirements.
- Payment option – you indicate how you will be paying.
You’ll then get to review the information you’ve provided prior to submission.
Where can our organisation purchase insurance coverage for volunteers? Are there suggested providers?
Any insurance provider will be able to provide a quote for coverage of volunteers – they will gather specifications from you (e.g. number of volunteers, location etc) to tailor a quote for you.
A suggested provider is AON, as they has no age restrictions. Some insurance companies do place age restrictions on their insurance for volunteers. You should contact your insurance provider to check whether there are any age restrictions in place.
AON also have a guide on the right questions to ask when getting a quote from any organisation.
How can I save and resume my membership form?
If you need to take a time-out in filling in the membership form follow the instructions below on how to save and resume the membership form.
You require a Public Liability and Volunteer Accident certificate of currency – what are they and why do you need them?
A Certificate of Currency is a document that confirms a current policy is in place for the sums insured shown on the date that the certificate is requested. A Certificate of Currency is valid only for the day on which it is issued and represents information current at the time of your request.
Member organisations who want to use the Volunteer Referral Service are required to have these insurance policies in place.
This is because it provides us with evidence of adherence to the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement.
As part of the Standards, one section addresses Workplace Safety and Wellbeing and evidence of this is that ‘Volunteers are insured for personal injury and liability.’ These two policies indicate this and provides a safeguard to the volunteers we will refer to you. (Source: The National Standards for Volunteer Involvement, Volunteering Australia).
What happens after submitting the form?
After you submit your details, you will arrive at a thank you page and an invoice will be sent directly to the email address you designated online.
Within the email, a URL is provided, which will direct you to an invoice online. From here you will have the options to pay. There are a variety of ways to pay, via PayPal, Bank Transfer/EFT and Cheque.
View our guide on how to pay online below OR download our Membership Payment Guide to peruse at your own leisure!
How can I update my membership details?
You can update your membership details by filling in the form here.
How can I sign up for Statement of Principles for Recognition of Volunteers?
Volunteer-friendly organisations are invited to sign up to the Statement of Principles for Recognition of Volunteers. You can do this by clicking here.