Hear from Denise North, Principal Consultant and Accredited Coach with Executive Central and Gemma Rygate, CEO of The Centre for Volunteering talk about The Centre for Volunteering and the key trends in the volunteering sector.
In this interview Denise North and Gemma Rygate discuss:
- The Centre for Volunteering and it’s role as the peak body for volunteering in NSW,
- The state of volunteering, both informal and formal,
- The changing nature of successful volunteer programs,
- The critical importance of volunteer management to all organisations involving volunteers,
- Challenges for leaders on the volunteer sector,
- Vision for the volunteer space,
- Examples of outstanding volunteer management and the New South Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards,
- Importance of volunteer managers as leaders at the executive table,
- Importance of investment in volunteer managers.
In an ever-changing sector, the needs of our members and volunteers are constantly changing. To meet those needs clear leadership is required.