The Kenneth Myer Innovation Fellowships program seeks exceptional leaders from all types of professional and cultural backgrounds and across all sectors (private, public and non-profit). They are looking for the powerful combination of a breakthrough idea and individuals with the capacity to bring it to fruition.
They seek ideas that are:
- High impact: likely to produce results in the areas of Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, and/or Human, Civil and Legal Rights
- Unique: different from existing approaches
- Scalable and sustainable: the potential to scale up quickly and be sustainable over time
And leaders who are:
- Experienced and entrepreneurial: a proven track record of achievement in their field and an appetite for risk-taking
- Passionate and connected: a genuine commitment and passion for their cause and the network to make it happen
This program will provide these outstanding individuals with freedom from their day jobs to:
- Open productive new lines of inquiry
- Ask provocative questions
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- Develop new ideas, approaches, and strategies.
Fellows will each receive $120,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program and an additional $30,000 will be available to each Fellow for approved expenses such as work space, rent, travel and contracting of external expertise.
The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in Australia for the majority of the Fellowship period
- Be prepared to take a sabbatical from their current role for 12 months
- Have a proven track record of risk-taking, out-of-the-box thinking
- Have an ability to turn ideas into action
- Have well-developed networks within an area of the proposed project.
The proposed project must:
- Be based in Australia
- Be aligned with one or more of the subject areas of Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, or Human, Civil and Legal Rights
- Have been in development for not longer than three years.
Expressions of Interest close: 16 August 2020
For more information or to apply for this grant please see the Sidney Myer Fund & The Myer Foundation page.