Our Skilled Volunteering Program connects skilled, experienced volunteers with not-for-profit organisations.
Our Skilled Volunteering Program has three simultaneous ways of advertising skilled volunteer positions:
- They are advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald’s Help Desk column on the inside back page of the News Review section on Saturdays and on the inside back page of the main news section on Mondays. Help Desk advertises five volunteer positions every Monday and three on Saturdays.
- They are advertised on this website on the current volunteer opportunities page every Monday.
- They are emailed out via the Skilled Volunteering eAlert every Monday.
Using Skilled Volunteering
Skilled Volunteering is updated weekly. Each job listing includes the role title, location, contact details and a short description of the volunteer opportunity.
Volunteer opportunities can be one-off, for one hour, one day, one week or can last for months or even years. You can make a short term or regular commitment – it’s your choice.
What types of volunteer opportunities are advertised via Skilled Volunteering?
Skilled Volunteering focuses on volunteer opportunities that are:
- Professional volunteer jobs
- Senior management volunteer jobs
- Technical or trade volunteer jobs
- Specialist volunteer jobs
- Urgent or critical volunteer jobs
- Unique, interesting, or unusual volunteer jobs
If you are looking for an ongoing volunteer opportunity or one that does not fit the above criteria you can search for a volunteer opportunity using The Centre for Volunteering’s Volunteer Referral Service (VRS) or the online volunteering portal.
The Centre’s VRS helps over three hundred not-for-profit member organisations recruit volunteers. This allows the VRS to:
- put you in touch with a wide range of volunteering roles and not-for-profit organisations, and
- suggest volunteering roles related to your interests.
If you are interested in volunteering overseas browse these volunteering organisations.