Workshops and Events
Volunteer Management Resilience and Transformation Masterclass
August 24 @ 9:00 am - August 26 @ 12:00 pm
How to Build, Grow and Scale your Volunteering Programs into the Future
During three consecutive mornings (three hour sessions) you will hear from master trainer and volunteer expert Tobi Johnson on fresh, modern strategies for today’s leaders of volunteers.
All participants will have access to an online portal for up to 30 days after the Masterclass which will include access to all course content including all recorded sessions and access to ask Tobi Johnson any questions.
The COVID-19 pandemic created massive disruptions in society, health, work, and family life. It has also dramatically increased the reliance on digital tools for communications and productivity.
How has this impacted volunteering? How should volunteering involving organisations be re-thinking their operations in new and innovative ways?
In this three-day online live workshop, participants will learn the key elements necessary to build a “future-proofed” volunteer strategy and set a course for purposeful growth that is realistic and achievable. You will get answers to:
- How you should be rethinking what systems of support your volunteers need in the current context?
- How you can build teams of ideal volunteers that support your agency’s evolving needs?
- How you can use today’s technology to re-establish connections with past volunteers and attract new volunteers?
- How you can ensure that you have a system in place to enable robust volunteer engagement?
In addition to learning step-by-step frameworks through live instruction, participants will translate learning into action through peer-to-peer discussion and sharing.
You will leave with solid next steps, ready to launch a next generation volunteer strategy that gets results.
Volunteers are vital assets to your organisation’s sustainability. Now is the time to plan your volunteer program’s re-boot and recovery.
This interactive masterclass is worth 6 CPD points.
Tuesday 24 August 9am – 12pm
- Masterclass Opening
- What we know: Quantifying Volunteer Involvement Panel
- Gap Analysis: Pinpointing your Volunteer Mobilisation Goals:
- Align volunteer preferences with organisational goals
- Pinpoint your current needs for volunteers
- Set a plan to phase in roles as you transition your workforce
Wednesday 25 August 9am – 12pm
- Hybrid Volunteerism: Adding Remote/ Virtual / Online Volunteers to your Model:
- Building diverse roles
- Assessing your digital maturity
- Creating community and connection online
- Expanding Your Audience
- Identifying new opportunities and audiences to reach
- Crafting a compelling case
- Using content marketing
Thursday 26 August 9am – 12pm
- Practical Risk Management
- Identify 5 kinds of risks associated with volunteer involvement
- Creatively manage risk as a team so you can be more inclusive
- Be the Change
- Set up and launch a successful internal campaign of influence for your volunteer strategy