Workshops and Events
Meaningful Meetings – How to Facilitate Great Meetings
March 9 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Learn about preparation, protocols, and rules combined with aspects of delivery, confidence, and structure to ensure effective meetings
This workshop is designed for those running and/or attending meetings in person and online. It highlights the aspects of meetings that can be dealt with in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
This interactive workshop will combine learning about preparation, protocols, and rules with aspects of delivery, confidence, and structure for effective presentation of proposals and ideas.
It highlights the things that everyone who attends a meeting can do to make them more efficient and effective. Self-assessment checklists will be introduced during the workshop.
We’ll focus on:
- How to manage online meetings
- Strategies to get participation
- Strategies to control over-participation
- Communicating ideas effectively – including tips for delivery and confidence
As well as:
- What makes a good meeting? –Pre-meeting preparation and protocols
- Chairing the meeting – toolkit for chairs/team leaders
- Identifying potential conflict and the ways to contain it
- Outcomes and the purpose of the meeting
- What contribution can individual attendees make towards meetings being more effective
- Minute taking and the duties of the secretary/scribe
This seminar includes activities, exercises, and demonstration opportunities. It is lively and engaging and gets everyone involved!
The workshop will be offered over Zoom – please allow enough time to test your equipment and get set up for a 9:30am sharp start.
About the Facilitator – Dale Rees-Bevan:
Dale Rees-Bevan, Director of SpeakersBank Australia Inc, Past President of Professional Speakers Australia and a Cert IV Trainer, has been training since 1993. Dale has served on numerous committees and two boards and brings her training and meeting experience to facilitate this workshop in an engaging and meaningful way.
“My staff thanked me for the opportunity to attend your workshop and felt that they had benefited enormously from the experience.” John Owen – General Manager, Willoughby City Council
“Dale is a passionate, vibrant, engaging, highly skilled communicator, teacher and facilitator who manages to nurture and bring out the best in others. I would highly recommend her as a trainer in presentation skills.” Jane Pearson, Senior Marketing Advisor – Aurecon
“Dale helped enormously in my preparation as a speaker at an international neuroendoscopy conference. I went to the event feeling much better prepared and more confident in my ability to present well.” Vanessa Sammons – PhD student.