Workshops and Events
Inclusive Volunteering for Organisations Training
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Centre for Volunteering is offering free inclusion training for staff and volunteers. This can be completed online or in-person for organisations with groups larger than 10 in Sydney area (Covid safe events and restrictions allowing).
Inclusion matters. Based on key learnings from the Inclusive Volunteering Pathways to Employment Program, this engaging workshop for both individuals and organisations will explore how to build an inclusive community where people of all abilities and backgrounds can contribute.
The workshop will explore the positive outcomes of inclusive volunteering by reviewing case studies and utilising practical tips to increase inclusion. You will learn the skills to remove the barriers to volunteering and how to help young people find meaningful volunteering opportunities.
You will be challenged to consider the benefits that can be unlocked through volunteering, including a stronger sense of social inclusion in your workplace.
By the end of this session, you will:
– understand Inclusive Volunteering;
– understand why we strive to be inclusive;
– be able to identify barriers to inclusion;
– have knowledge to reduce the impact of barriers; and,
– understand what it means to be part of an inclusive team.
This training is suitable for:
- Volunteer managers
- Staff who work with volunteers
- Staff who want to foster inclusive environments
- Volunteers who want to foster inclusive environments
- Board Directors who want to foster inclusive environments
Our next sessions that will be open to any organisations are the following dates for 2 hours via zoom:
|Date||Time||Zoom Invitation Link|
If you are wanting another time/date please email to request another training session: Inclusive-Volunteering-Program@volunteering.com.au