The Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity is designed to support continuity of child care, in particular in disadvantaged or vulnerable communities, where a service is:
- at risk of closure due to an unforeseen event or circumstance, such as a natural disaster, extreme weather event or pandemic (e.g. Coronavirus (COVID-19)),
- at risk of permanent closure due to another event or circumstance, where that closure would result in a lack of suitable child care for the community, or
- seeking to commence a new service in a community where another service has closed, resulting in a lack of suitable child care.
Child care services who are approved for Child Care Subsidy are eligible to apply for funding where there is a financial need in order to continue to provide child care in the community.
The amount of funding provided to applicants will be determined on a case-by-case basis, depending on the activity being funded and the circumstances of the applicant. Please refer to the CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity Guidelines for more information.
The Australian Government is working with state and territory governments and the child care sector to minimise the impact of COVID-19. Grants are available through the CCCF Special Circumstances Grant for child care providers experiencing financial viability issues as a result of COVID-19, for example, withdrawals, reduced enrolments or service closures.
Services should remain open as long as possible in order to receive the CCCF Special Circumstances grant.
A service is eligible to receive funding if they are:
- experiencing a drop in enrolments
- forced to close for reasons beyond their control (e.g. Local school has blocked access to the child care site, or Land Council has ordered the service to stop operating).
All applications must nominate the period of time, no more than 4 weeks in arrears. Applications will be accepted for subsequent periods if closures or reduced enrolments continue longer than anticipated
How to apply
To apply complete the CCCF Special Circumstances application form or the CCCF Special Circumstances COVID-19 application form. To assist with your application a budget template is also available.
For more information
The CCCF Special Circumstances Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides information on the grant.
The CCCF Special Circumstances Fact Sheet explains the grant in detail.
No close date has been specified at this stage.