The COVID-19 Aboriginal Community Response Grants Program will provide funding to Aboriginal run or controlled groups or organisations.
The Program will provide small quick response grants to support Aboriginal communities across NSW to reduce their risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and enable them to manage the impacts of the pandemic.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available for:
- social and emotional wellbeing support;
- keeping communities connected;
- responding to immediate needs;
- advocacy and information.
The COVID-19 Aboriginal Community Response Grants Program aims to support:
- activities that limit the movement of Aboriginal people outside their homes and ensure this movement is COVID safe, to minimise the risk of transmission.
- the provision of trauma informed, culturally appropriate, local community based social and emotional well-being support for Aboriginal people impacted by COVID-19.
- Aboriginal people’s access to accurate and timely information regarding COVID-19 and its impacts.
Applicants can apply for grants from $1,000 to $10,000. Applicants can apply more than once if a separate need has been identified.
Applications close: 19 November 2021.
For more information or to apply for this grant please visit the NSW Government Aboriginal Affairs website here.