Community Building Partnership 2021 grant round are now open.

Need help funding a community infrastructure project? The Community Building Partnership (CBP) 2021 program will be offering grants for projects that promote community inclusion.

CBP will consider funding requests between $5000 and $150,000 for projects involving:

  • capital works including construction of new community infrastructure as well as refurbishment, repair and maintenance of existing community infrastructure
  • purchase of equipment with a minimum individual asset value of more than $5000
  • purchase of vehicle[s] with a minimum individual asset value of more than $5000.

The following applicants will be eligible to receive a grant:

  • NSW association and non-distributing co-operatives registered with NSW Fair Trading
  • Local Aboriginal Land Council or Indigenous corporations registered with the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations
  • NSW local councils (and their section 355 committees) operating under the Local Government Act 1993. Must provide evidence of cash matching at the time of application
  • Not-for-profit entities incorporated under an Act of Parliament
  • Trusts that are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
  • Public companies limited by guarantee

Assessment criteria

Eligible projects will be assessed against four equally weighted program criteria:

  1. Enhancing facilities — the project develops a vibrant, sustainable and inclusive community through the enhancement or construction of community infrastructure.
  2. Meeting community needs — the project supports activities and services needed by local communities.
  3. Increasing community participation — the project encourages participation in activities or services needed by a broad section of the community.
  4. The organisation’s capacity — the applicant has the capacity to deliver the project on time and within scope.

Applications will close 5pm sharp, 14 May 2021.

For more information incluing grant guidelines please visit the NSW Government website here.