After a state-wide search over six months, across 20 regional and suburban centres and covering 123,000 nominations, we are very pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards.
Congratulations to all the nominees, the finalists and of course those selected to receive an award. It’s exciting to announce our winners, but we hold these awards to highlight the work of all volunteers and remind all our leaders of the importance of supporting volunteering and volunteer management.
Photos of the NSW Volunteer of the Year State Ceremony are kindly supplied by Michael Mannington, Volunteer Photography www.volunteerphotography.org, and are available to view here. Photos taken by Susan White of Corporate Digital, corporatedigital.com.au, are available here.
Watch all the excitement of the day in this short video of the 2019 NSW Volunteer of the Year State Ceremony held on Thursday, December 5.
- 2019 Corporate Volunteer of the Year (Individual)
- 2019 Corporate Volunteer Team of the Year
- 2019 Young Volunteer of the Year
- 2019 Volunteer Team of the Year
- 2019 Excellence in Volunteer Management
- 2019 Adult Volunteer of the Year
- 2019 Senior Volunteer of the Year
- NSW Volunteer of the Year 2019
Regional Awards Ceremonies and Corporate and Volunteer Management Ceremony
- Corporate and Volunteer Management Award Ceremony
- New England/Northern Inland Award Ceremony
- Southern Sydney Award Ceremony
- Mid North Coast Award Ceremony
- Mid North Coast Team Award
- Outer Western Sydney / Blue Mountains Award Ceremony
- South Coast / Southern Inland Award Ceremony
- Northern Beaches Award Ceremony
- Central Sydney Award Ceremony
- Riverina Award Ceremony
- Hornsby / North Western Sydney Award Ceremony
- Illawarra Award Ceremony
- Mid Western Sydney Award Ceremony
- Central Coast Award Ceremony
- Hunter Award Ceremony
- Sydney City/Eastern Suburbs Award Ceremony
- South Western Sydney/Macarthur Award Ceremony
- Far West Award Ceremony
- North Shore Award Ceremony
- Central West Award Ceremony
- Orana Award Ceremony
- Northern Rivers Award Ceremony
About the Awards
The NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards is an annual program established in 2007 by The Centre for Volunteering to recognise the outstanding efforts of volunteers in NSW, and to promote the importance of volunteering to the community. In 2019 the Awards program will recognise more than 120,000 volunteers across NSW in front of guests, media, family and friends.
The Awards are a celebration of the great Australian tradition of quietly lending a hand without asking for anything in return. They provide a unique platform for our volunteers to share their remarkable stories and for the state to formally recognise their efforts. By doing so, we send a powerful message about the value of volunteering and the contribution of our 2.1 million volunteers to help build strong, healthy and well-connected communities.
The Centre for Volunteering would like to thank the generosity of the following organisations for their ongoing support of the NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards:
NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards Principal Partners
NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards Supporters
If you have any questions please contact the Awards team via email@example.com or 02 9261 3600.