The Centre for Volunteering (The Centre) is the peak body in NSW promoting and supporting volunteering and community participation. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation and includes Volunteering NSW, its service delivery arm, and the School of Volunteer Management (SVM), a registered training organisation.
The Centre promotes and supports volunteering and community participation through leadership and experience in delivering services in NSW and throughout Australia, thus connect people and organisations in order to enrich the community.
The Centre has numerous business partners, the majority of whom are not-for-profit organisations. The Centre also has a number of private sector supporters, including major companies which have developed volunteering programs for their employees.
The Centre’s services include:
- Volunteer Referral Service,
- Accredited and Professional Development Training through SVM,
- Volunteer management consulting,
- Engaging individuals through community involvement and volunteering activities,
- Corporate volunteering,
- Research and policy development, and
- The NSW Volunteer of the Year Awards.
Volunteering NSW is the delivery arm of The Centre which refers thousands of volunteers to hundreds of community organisations annually via its Volunteer Referral Service (VRS). The Centre also operates the Skilled Volunteering Weekly Alert service which assists members to recruit volunteers with a high level of qualifications, skills and experience.
Our operations are funded by a range of sources including State and Federal Government funding, membership fees, partnerships and donations. As such, we are a ‘Deductible Gift Recipient” as endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office and eligible to receive:
- tax deductible gifts, such as financial donations, and
- tax deductible contributions, such as the purchase of a ticket to attend a fundraising event
The Centre for Volunteering acknowledges the Gadigal of the Eora Nation, the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.