Find the answers to Frequency Asked Questions about Membership
Click on each question to expand and see the answer! If you don’t have time – download our FAQs and read at your own leisure!What membership packages are available in FY 17- 18?
This financial year we will have the following membership packages
- Full membership – you can get access to discounts to our conference, networking events and professional development workshops and for organisations, to the Volunteer Referral Service. These are available to individuals, not-for-profit organisations and government & educational organisations
- Networking package – access to all 10 networking events that are run by The Centre during the year
And new for FY 17 – 18:
Private Sector Supporter
Aimed at corporations, it’ll provide access to our networking events for 2 people, and other benefits – for more details on this package you can reach out to our member and client services team via email!
- Free networking events – 10 a year
- Industry updates – via our monthly e-newsletter
- Discounts on training
- Discounts to our annual industry conference
- Special offers and pro bono services
For our organisation membership will also provide access to:
- Volunteer Recruitment through our Volunteer Referral Service
- Event volunteer recruitment
We’ll be acknowledging your support through a supporter page on our website, as well as providing access to more online resources!
- If your organisation has a total Annual Income between $0 – $500,000, you can apply for a “Not for Profit Small membership
- If your organisation has a Total Annual Income greater than $500,000, up to $2,000,000, you can apply for a “Not for Profit Medium membership
- If your organisation has a Total Annual Income is greater than $2,000,000, up to $5,000,000, you can apply for a “Not for Profit Large membership
- If your organisation has a Total Annual Income is greater than $5,000,000, you can apply for a “Not for Profit Major membership
There are four parts to the form
- Membership package – where you will choose the package you want to purchase
- Contact Details – where you’ll provide details for you and/or your organisation
- Terms and conditions – especially important for organisation membership where you’ll be asked about the insurance requirements.
- Payment option – you can indicate how you will be paying as we will have a variety of methods available to you.
You’ll then get to review the information you’ve provided prior to submission.
Start the online form today but don’t worry you will be able to save and resume the membership form as well!
A suggested provider is AON, as they has no age restrictions. Some insurance companies do place age restrictions on their insurance for volunteers. You should contact your insurance provider to check whether there are any age restrictions in place
AON also have a handy guide on the right questions to ask when getting a quote.
Below is an example of what they look like:
Member organisations who want to use the Volunteer Referral Service will be required to have these insurance policies in place, as it’s a condition of accessing this service.
The reason is that it provides us with evidence of adherence to the National Standards of Involving Volunteers, developed in 2015 to “provide a framework for organisations to consider the role of volunteers within the organisation and the impact effective volunteer involvement can have on achieving the strategic goals and aims of the organisation.” (Source: The National Standards for Volunteer Involvement, Volunteering Australia).
As part of the Standards, one section addresses Workplace Safety and Wellbeing and evidence of this is that “Volunteers are insured for personal injury and liability.” These two policies indicate this and provides a safeguard to the volunteers we’ll refer to you.
Within the email, a URL is provided, which will direct you to an invoice online. From here you will have the options to pay.
We recommend that for credit card payments to utilise the pay online/ PayPal option – for bank transfer/ EFT (electronic funds transfer) and cheque details to follow the instructions in the invoice
View our guide on how to pay online below OR download our FY16-17 Membership Payment Guide to peruse at your own leisure!
|Membership Package||Total Cost incl GST|
|Private Sector Supporter||$1,500.00|
Where can I find more information?