Our Skilled Volunteering Program connects skilled, experienced volunteers with not-for-profit organisations.
Our Skilled Volunteering Program has three simultaneous ways of advertising skilled volunteer positions:
- They are advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald’s Help Desk column. Help Desk advertises five volunteer positions every Monday and two on Saturdays.
- They are advertised on this website on the current volunteer opportunities page and updated every Monday.
- They are emailed out via the Skilled Volunteering eAlert every Monday.
Using Skilled Volunteering
Skilled Volunteering is updated weekly. Each job listing includes the role title, location, contact details and a short description of the volunteer opportunity.
Volunteer opportunities can be one-off, for one hour, one day, one week or can last for months or even years. You can make a short term or regular commitment – it’s your choice.
What types of volunteer opportunities are advertised via Skilled Volunteering?
Skilled Volunteering focuses on volunteer opportunities that are:
- Professional volunteer jobs
- Senior management volunteer jobs
- Technical or trade volunteer jobs
- Specialist volunteer jobs
- Urgent or critical volunteer jobs
- Unique, interesting, or unusual volunteer jobs
If you are looking for an ongoing volunteer opportunity or one that does not fit the above criteria you can search for a volunteer opportunity using The Centre for Volunteering’s Volunteer Referral Service (VRS) or the online volunteering portal.
The Centre’s VRS helps our member organisations recruit volunteers. This allows the VRS to:
- put you in touch with a wide range of volunteering roles and not-for-profit organisations, and
- suggest volunteering roles related to your interests.
If you are interested in volunteering overseas browse these volunteering organisations.